Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A New Liverpool Sound


Given Oldham Hall Street's wish to wallow in nostalgia for a band which split up 40 years ago, it's up to others to highlight the fact that there is a healthy & vibrant music scene in Liverpool, unencumbered by gratuitous mentions of you-know-who.
One of the unexpected gems I came across at the bombed-out church on August Bank Holiday Monday was a short acoustic set by The Mono LPs. They were far more entertaining & original than the entire dreary procession of "tribute" acts around Matthew Street itself. Enjoy: http://www.myspace.com/themonolps .
Disclaimer: Following recent articles in the press about bloggers & product plugging, I would like to state that I am not a band member, nor am I their manager. In fact, I don't even know them.

2 comments:

Guillaume said...

Sounds good. It's a welcome change from the pop crap we get forced to hear everywhere.

A Friend said...

Come on Jimmy, both you and I know that at your age you are a bit too old for The Monolops