Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nick Peet Gets Facebooked

It's been a while since Nick Peet was let out to scrawl his juvenile sentiments in the Oldham Echo. This has been bad news for Paddy Shennan (hello, Paddy!), as Peet's efforts made Paddy's contributions look cerebral. Now it seems that the "writer" who thinks it's a bit of a laugh to throw bottles at concerts (http://condensedthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/11/oldham-echos-mood-music.html ) has attracted the attention of some less than enamoured souls who have formed themselves into a Facebook group, "Nick Peet Should Be Removed From Writing For The Echo" (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=365427618025&ref=nf ).
Cheer up, Nick, I'm sure someone rates your copy, I mean, Big Al must surely......um, well.....I'm sure your mum reads it from time to time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why isn't there a group for getting Amanda Harrington removed too?

Ronnie de Ramper said...

Oh no, surely not! Amanda Harrington is a star! Even a minor galaxy.

I'm loving....
I'm hating....

Where would I go for my weekly style tips without her?

Liverpool Preservation Trust said...

who paid for stinky ink Bartletts trip to the South of France to the MIPIM booze cruise couldnt we do a facebook site on that

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.